Seiten

  • Startseite
  • Impressum
  • Inhalt
  • MINT
  • Sprache
  • Soziales
  • Geist
  • Kunst
  • Gemischtes
  • Gedichte

Freitag, 6. März 2015

Excursus: Minion language


English

Who doesn't know them? The little creatures look­ing like liv­ing sur­prise eggs—the Min­ions. Of course they have their own lan­guage, a mix out of a couple of world lan­guages, al­beit the Min­ions' fic­tion­al his­tory says that the Min­ion race is older than the hu­man one. For I like lan­guages, also the fic­tion­al ones, I tried to find some gram­mat­ic­al struc­tures in the few lan­guage ex­amples which are on the in­ter­net. And here we go:

Per­son­al pro­nouns


per­sonnom­in­at­iveob­ject­ive
sin­gu­lar1sttata­tame
2ndyuti/tu/yu
plur­al1sttu­la­liloous
2ndyuyu

Tata­ta and tu­la­liloo are given by ex­ample. I placed yu and me at the same po­s­i­tion like it is in Eng­lish. I guessed us (no equi­val­ent word giv­en), be­cause me is also the same like in Eng­lish. To my mind, ti and tu can­not be plur­al. I'm even not sure with the cases, but there are no gen­it­ive forms giv­en and they use pre­pos­i­tions, so they ac­tu­ally don't need a sep­ar­a­tion of dat­ive and ac­cus­at­ive.

Oth­er pro­nouns


Po ka means what.

Art­icles


It seems that they have no in­def­in­ite art­icle and at least one def­in­ite art­icle—la.

Nouns


I guess, nouns aren't in­flec­ted by case and for mak­ing the plur­al form you nor­mally have to add an -s.

Here's a list of some known nouns:

Min­ionEng­lish
bableapple
baboitoy
ba­nanaba­nana
bee-dofire
bodamar­riage
buttbutt
but­tombot­tom
chasychair
gelatoice cream
muakkiss
paicup
pappleapple


Ad­ject­ives


I know only one ad­ject­ive: ba­nan­on­inaugly. It seems to be de­rived from the noun ba­nana, so maybe the suf­fix -on­ina is used to form an ad­ject­ive out of a noun. I have no idea, why ad­ject­ives should be in­flec­ted any­way, so I think they aren't.

Num­bers


The first three car­din­al num­bers are:

Min­ionEng­lish
hanaone
dultwo
saethree

Be­cause of they only have three fin­gers, they pos­sibly count in the tern­ary or sen­ary sys­tem.

Verbs


First a list of verbs:

Min­ionEng­lish
amolove
balahate
luklook
stupastop
tankthank
un­der­wearswear
wantwant

Firstly I thought, that the verbs (at least the Ro­man­ic ori­gin­ated ones) must be in­flec­ted by per­son, but then I saw that amo is first per­son plur­al, so I think they just use only one form for every per­son.

Pre­pos­i­tions


After pre­pos­tions has to stand the ob­ject­ive case. The two known pre­pos­i­tions are atat and parafor.

In­ter­jec­tions


If you want to say hello and good­bye, you can use bello and poopaye.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen